So I think I missed another week of Work of Art! Probably because after Sucklord got kicked off, all that we are left with is a bunch of people I can’t stand, and Dusty.
This week they are doing art with car parts – just like in Project Runway!
Tonight I’m bullet-pointing. I don’t feel well, these artists aren’t inspiring me and I want to go to bed and finish the book I’m reading that isn’t very good but I just need to get through it so I can move on.
* Not gonna lie – I liked Michelle’s ‘human made of car parts’ mobile. I thought it was whimsical! Instead she made a ‘happy car, sad car’ that was so boring and cliche I just couldn’t. She’s the paper wizard! Why isn’t she working with what she’s got!?
* Dusty put plaster on his face without a barrier. He’s lucky he didn’t lose his eyebrows. He also made a work with a tire that spelled out the monotony of the every day.
* Lola continues to be boring and talks about how her grammy was a witch.
* Young made a person-ish out of wires and stuff. It’s pretty uninspired.
* Sarah J made some sort of sculpture with a muffler that looks like a flower explosion. I don’t know why it exists, but it looks good, so it’s ok.
* Sarak K made a cool Rorschach type art object. Her story behind it has something to do with her dad…I zoned out so I don’t know why that’s important. I think it stands on it’s own as something visually, uh, interesting. I won’t say compelling, because it isn’t. It’s barely interesting, but it’s better than most of the work up there.
* Kymia got her ass chewed out because she made a box with flecks of metal cast in wax and it broke. Which stinks, because I’d rather have her judged on the functional work but I mean, if you don’t know how to make a kaleidoscope, then don’t make a kaleidoscope, right?
THE FINAL DECISION
* Lame: Michelle is out.
* Not Lame: Sarah J wins. And she wins $25,000 which is also awesome. Sadly, she thinks that will pay for her grad school…ah the naiveté of youth!