David Bowie is... a show that you are about to miss unless you get yourself to Toronto before November 27, 2013. The Art Gallery of Ontario is exhibiting an incredible collection of David Bowie memorabilia and objects which spans 5 decades of his remarkable career, the likes of which has never been seen before in North America. The style icon, personality, performer and artist will have more than 300 objects from his personal archives on display, along with full multi-media pieces showing his collaborations in fashion, music, art, and this gem:
The collection stems from the Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum in London, along with Bowie’s personal archive of over 75,000 items collected over his career. Working with his personal archivist and the V&A Museum’s curators, never before seen, hand-picked items, costumes, and videos were chosen for this exhibition. So it’s going to be the greatest Bowie show on earth. Bust out your passports because this one is not to be missed.
The exhibition is on a World Tour, so if you miss it in Toronto, you may get lucky enough to be graced by its presence in the coming years…if you live in these areas:
- Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Canada from 25 September to 27 November 2013
- Museum of Image and Sound, Sao Paulo, Brazil from 28 January to 21 April 2014
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, USA from September 2014 to January 2015
- Philharmonie de Paris/ Cité de la Musique, Paris, France from 2 March to 31 May 2015
- Groninger Museum, Groningen, The Netherlands from 15 December 2015 to 15 March 2016
Still on the ropes on whether to make the trek? I’ll just leave one of the greatest songs ever written here while you decide:
Godspeed. Dance magic, dance.